Professional Development: Learning Opportunities: Calendar
2007 Spring Science Institute
Building Capacity through Connectivity
The PROM/SE 2007 Spring Science Institute will bring K-12 teachers together to continue their year-long exploration into the “Structure of Matter.” The institute will focus on developing teachers’ content knowledge for teaching the structure of matter, an area of low student achievement emerging from the PROM/SE assessment data. The day-long institutes will be held in Michigan and Ohio for science teachers from nearly 60 participating school districts.
- Danita Brandt, PROM/SE director of science and MSU faculty member in the department of geological sciences
- Nanette Seago, consultant
- Marty Couretas, PROM/SE site coordinator, Ingham ISD
During the institute, teachers will be introduced to the new PROM/SE virtual professional development web site, currently in development, and will use on-line resources to guide discussions and compliment hands-on experiments. Once fully functional, the new web site will have interactive features that will connect PROM/SE teachers with each other, and to experts in education and science.
- January 31: High AIMS
- March 21, 22 : SMART (only attend one day)
- April 17 : Ingham/Calhoun
- April 18 : St. Clair