Professional Development: Learning Opportunities: Calendar
LessonLab Courses 2006-2007
PROM/SE Offers LessonLab Courses
PROM/SE and Pearson Achievement are again teaming up to provide 3 opportunities during 2006-2007 to take LessonLab courses at no cost to registering teachers from PROM/SE districts. What's more, all PROM/SE affliated teachers completing a LessonLab course will receive a $100 stipend. We encourage you to sign up and invite a building colleague to join you. Register at http://orders.lessonlab.com/?view=msu. Courses include:
- Numbers and Numeration, grade K-2
- Concepts of Measurement, grade K-2
- Fraction Concepts, grade 3-5
- Geometric Shapes and Solids, grade 3-5
- Ratio and Proportion, grade 6-8
- Solving Equations, grade 6-8
|Register by||Course Starts||Course Ends|
|Sept 11, 2006||Sept 18 , 2006||Nov 13 , 2006|
|Dec 18, 2006||Jan 8 , 2007||Mar 5, 2007|
|Mar 5, 2007||Mar 12, 2007||May 14, 2007|
Enrollment is limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must register by the deadline to take the course. Each course runs about six weeks and involves about 30 hours of work. Course participants will need a computer with Internet access and a CD-ROM drive.
Here is how to register:
- Step 1: Go to http://orders.lessonlab.com/?view=msu
- Step 2: Choose course. Remember you may only choose one course per session.
- Step 3: Click "Next".
- Step 4: On the screen enter your shipping address and click "Next".
- Step 5: Click "next" again through the billing screen (there is a note in red giving instructions that the course is free to PROM/SE affliates.
- Step 6: Read the Terms and Conditions and then click "Next".
- Step 7: You should now receive a confirmation page.
Contact your PROM/SE site coordinator with questions.